• It is the people who are reading (or not reading).
• It is our 21st century culture and lifestyle.
• It is fast-paced lives full of too many things (manifest and phenomenal).
• It is the number of writers and books that are out there. (It is book fatigue).
• It is 7.5 billion people on the planet and climbing.
It does not follow that lack of recognition and lack of sales indicates that the world is not ready for your work’s esoteric form and content. It is not necessarily that nobody wants to read works of your kind while struggling to survive.
It is not that nobody cares; it is that nobody knows.
Even the most lyrical, easily accessible writing most often lingers among small groups of understanding and appreciative (often thrilled and enthralled) readers.
The only way to expand your recognition and improve your sales is to separate, in some way, from the giant pack. Advertise the exceptional nature of your book. Make the resonating presence of your writing known.
We can help you with the legwork required to market your writing and artwork.
• If we can grow the number of venues that accept and publish your work by direct intervention and true engagement with editors, more people will notice your work and buy your books.
• If we can expand your distribution market to include global online distribution platforms, more people will notice your work and buy your books.
• If we can help get you a contest win or place and put a WINNER sticker on your bookcover, more people will notice your work and buy your books.
• If we can get you a decent review from a high visibility paid source – like KIRKUS – and/or flood the reading market with reviews from free sources, more people will notice your work and buy your books.
• If we can get the local bookstores interested and encourage them to sponsor a reading and signing event, more people will notice your work and buy your books.
• If we can represent your writing to festivals, at open-mike sessions, in workshops, on social media channels and among information exchanges, more people will notice your work and buy your books.
It will be a marathon. The question to ask yourself is – how much can you put into the slog given the demands of your life-as-it-is? Can you do this?
We can help you. Please direct inquiries about the details and the fees for our “soft-agent” services to:
As usual, please forgive my dazzling typos…. Henry