Runner-up Winner of Charles Bukowski Drawing
RUNNERS-UP (ALPHABETICAL BY TITLE)
Digging Up The Bones, by Adrian Manning
$15 Book + $.90 MD State Sales Tax + $4 shipping
It is simply not enough to say that Adrian Manning is an outstanding poet and this book, ‘Digging Up The Bones’ is testament to that fact: Adrian Manning is, and has sealed an ever-growing inspirational and respected presence in the small press for over two decades: his work can be found the globe over, both online and in print: ‘Digging up The Bones’ is a selection that has been snatched and stolen from 18 chapbooks of poetry and a small selection of ‘uncollected poems’: From the opening, brilliant and eloquent opening poem ‘The Poet In His Underwear’ to the final poem ‘A Mouthful of Numbness and Eyes Full of Light’ Adrian Manning has your attention.
Adrian Manning writes with a gentle , cool calculated and precise lyricism that moves effortlessly, he writes with a razor blade of truth. he writes with a hammer seeking justice, he writes with an angry axe that rages at the madness around us, he writes with a reflective, thoughtful sensitivity but always he writes with love and compassion.
John D. Robinson
Poet – Publisher – Editor – Artist
RAR Summer 2019 Contributors:
We are in the process of producing the galley for the Summer 2019 Issue now.
Here are the upcoming steps:
1. RAR produces a galley for the journal issue.
2. RAR sends the galley to all contributors who verify, correct and/or approve the state of their work.
3. Contributors give the “okay-as-is” approval or return corrected work to RAR either as an attached Word Doc or embedded in an email message.
4. RAR produces the Electronic Version of the Journal (PDF) and posts it to the website where it is available for reading and to download.
5. Contributors review the posted version and notify RAR if there are any problems that were missed.
6. RAR makes any final corrections and submits to the printer for the printed version of the journal.
7. Printed version is published.
We expect to have the galley for the Summer 2019 Journal Issue out by the November 08, 2019.
RAR Editors were overcome, consumed, delighted, and challenged by the power and beauty of Jendi Reiter’s poems. We love the innovative use of language and form, the novel and intriguing ideas, the rich interwoven imagery and the surprising and revealing progression and movement throughout the poems.
Click on the link below to read a sample of Jendi’s poems in our FEATURED POET section